Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 5: Mental Health Day

Today was most definitely a mental health day for me, in its own way. I woke up around 6 to eat breakfast and then drive Margo to work. Then I came back to the apartment and got dressed to go to the gym.

This is me at the smaller part of the gym. So exclusive, felt like a VIP. Crazy right?
After spending too much time there, I went to the grocery store and picked up some things. And then I came back to the apartment, showered, and went to the pool for a while. Then I read some of my book, True Colors, which I highly recommend to anyone who wants a summer/anytime of the year reading book. It is proving to be a great read, anything by Kristin Hannah is stellar to be quite honest. After reading I came back to the apartment, yet again, and watched old reruns of the Jersey Shore until I fell asleep for about twenty minutes. Eventually, it was time to meet Margo for the Chili Cook-off.

If you do not know what a chili cook-off is, it is exactly what it sounds like. A bunch of people who have their own specific chili recipes come to Amgen, set up their own booths, and try to solicit tokens from taste testers so that they can win. This years theme was TV, so every booth had to dress up in costumes and decorate their booth to model a television show of their choice. From Jersey Shore to Wayne's World, from Survivor to South Park, from the Addams Family to Sesame Street, there were a ton of different shows being represented. Here is a picture of a guy dressed as Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street. He could be seen screaming for people to try his chili, it was entertaining.
Also, here is a picture of Margo with the guy at the South Park booth dressed as Cartman! At least I think that's his name..
These next pictures are ones we took at the end just for fun. The first is of me and Margo and, even though I'm unflatteringly squinting because it was so bright, it still makes the blog. The second one is of the three of us, kindly taken by a security guard.
Lastly, we saw Crazy, Stupid, Love. It was reallllllllllyyy good. Another recommendation from me to you. Go see it. Ryan Gosling is beautiful.
Well, time for bed. Pretty slow day as far as doing things go, once again I apologize. Headed to Santa Barbara tomorrow.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment