Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Arrival: Day 1

So this is what it's like to blog. Aimlessly writing in hope that someone will stumble upon your work and find it interesting enough to read. Well, I hope that this blog proves to be interesting to those who choose to read it...and I hope that it will serve as a kind of Memory Lane for me as I document this unforgettable excursion.

Day 1 of the California trip is the best of both worlds. It already contains some of the best and some of the worst parts of the trip thus far. However, it is early to judge, because I have not been here more than a few hours. Nevertheless, here we go.

I woke up this morning at 9 still in Moorestown, not having packed a thing. I quickly threw the contents of my drawers and closet into my suitcase and hoped for the best. After eating breakfast, picking up things at Wegman's, and watching two episodes of Glee Project, it was 3 pm; time to leave for the airport. Once we arrived my mom said goodbye and set free her one and only daughter into Philadelphia International Airport. Checking in my bag was a success, as was security, etc. I arrived at the gate 2 hours before my flight was scheduled to depart, so I did what no one else in the airport thought to do...sketch! I came across some of my old drawings from Fashion class freshman year of none other than Lady Gaga. Accurate? Maybe. We had to draw an outfit that we thought the icon we picked would wear. Yea, I think she'd wear it. Who knows besides her




Then I started on some new drawings which, after 7 hours on a plane, turned out like this!




See, we were supposed to take off at 6 pm, but of course there was an issue with people trying to take other peoples' seats... so we ended up leaving around 7 pm east coast time. We were due to arrive at LAX at 8:55 west coast time (which is 3 hours ahead of ours) [when it's 8:55 west coast its basically midnight at home] so really we arrived at 1 am east coast time, but only 10 here! Yes, it's quite interesting isn't it? Not really. The flight was probably the longest flight of my life, but I did get to sit next to a girl who was my age and from Cali so we got to know each other for the 7 hours we spent next to each other.

But anyway, my uncle picked me up at the airport after waiting 20 minutes to get my bag and we finally began my California vacation. We drove down the 405 all the way to his neighborhood, through Santa Monica and Malibu. I love it here already. There is just something about this place that is sooo appealing. Maybe it's the air, maybe it's the palm trees, I really don't know. All I know is that it is the most beautiful place I have ever seen! Everything seems so fresh and even when the plane was descending for landing I looked out the window and knew that Los Angeles and California in general is a very special place.

We came back to my uncle's house, ate some dinner, and talked about our lives. It was great to catch up and just relax after being on the plane so long. I seriously cannot wait to write about the rest of my trip, I know it's going to be beyond epic. Now that it's 1:30 am Cali time and 4:30 NJ time, I'm going to get some sleep. California is amazing and Californians are just as amazing. And rest assure, they got more bounce in California then all ya'll combined.

Happy Birthday to my loves Allie & Pinky!

Goodnight! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment