Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 4: Change of Scenery

Today was moving day for me as I packed my bag and left the Palisades ): I will miss Shayna sleeping in my room and getting to spend so much time with my uncle and Stacy.

However, it was not the last time I will be with them, so I am not entirely sad. I am grateful for the time we spent together and the amazing, first-time experiences I have had over the last 4 days. Each of them has been life-changing and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Now on to today's events...

Michael is in Cali! My uncle and I picked him up today as he hopped off the plane at LAX, cardigan-less of course. I am beyond happy that he is here because I have missed him dearly (: I'm so overjoyed that we get to experience California together. He really is my go-to friend. Anyway, after getting something to eat we left my uncle Rob's house and drove to Margo's! This is where the title change of scenery comes in. Here is a picture of Thousand Oaks!It's a cool place to be, but then again, everywhere in California is a cool place to be.

And guess what? I, Rachel Bass, got to drive down the legendary 101 today. You know...that old Phantom Planet song?.. "we've been on the run, driving in the sun, looking out for number one, California here we come, right back where we started from...hustlers grab your guns, your shadow weighs a ton, DRIVING DOWN THE 101, California here we come right back where we started from..." What a great song. Yea, so I drove down the 101, not a big deal. People do it every day, but not me! Mucho exciting. Here's a picture documenting the experience.
After moving in, swimming, hot tubbing, etc. we all showered and went to dinner, which was delicious. Then we came back here and hit the hay early for a goodnight's sleep.
OH WAIT! Mike and I pumped our own gas! It was CRAZY! So Jersey of us. Here's a picture of the thrilling time we had pumping gas and not our fists.
Sorry that this post is kind of short and kinda bland but I am very tired and it is almost 11. Also, I still have to put up the post of strictly pictures that I did not have time to post when they happened. Goodnight blog readers!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment